Conceptual thought can be perceived as a miracle. Have you ever made the attempt to encapsulate a miracle? This is my attempt...

03 February 2011

O Captain! My Captain!

Through fearful trips thou lead us onward.
Through thick and thin, till journey's end.
The anchors been dropped, but rises again,
O Captain! My Captain! Thy vision is wearing.

Setting sail in daunting times,
Fear is cast in the hearts of thy crew.
The prize sought has bred tyranny and demise.
O Captain! My Captain! Return to virtue.

From fearful trip, the victors ship masks what it has done.
Success, perhaps, yet the truth cries from its grave.
O Captain! My Captain! Whom I've been taught to revere.
No longer does thy authority preserve thee.

The captain may change but the message remains,
O Captain! My Captain! Let Madame Justice carry thy fate.
For thee we call; eager now for thy reply:
Wilt thou go down with the ship or without thy soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment