Conceptual thought can be perceived as a miracle. Have you ever made the attempt to encapsulate a miracle? This is my attempt...

29 June 2011

Today Is THE Day


Day 18 - June 28 (Pt. 2)
TODAY is the essence of The Vagabond Tour. Today was so smooth and perfect and great! After leaving the McDonalds (see previous update), I headed to the Humane Society of Bay County and spent most of my day serving the homeless animals of Panama City. They had some AWESOME animals too. As I took each dog out for a little time outside, it was inspiring to see how each dog had an incredibly unique personality. From the way they interacted with me, their surroundings, the heat, the toys, etc. It just goes to show that though they cannot speak English, they have personalities, emotions, and deserve respect and appreciation. And though they are dogs – animals we interact with often – they are an example that God created all things individually and regardless of the name and shape of the animal, we should treat them all with a sense of compassion and reverence. Thank you Humane Society for helping me increase insight of the Animal Kingdom and how they relate to God’s plan.
After leaving the Humane Society, my next big adventure was at Pier Park. Pier Park is a tourist hot spot in Panama City Beach. It is a giant outdoor mall at one of the piers. I showed up with my FREE HUGS sign, and began walking! I got a lot of smiles, strange stares, hugs, and pictures! I felt like a celebrity as I walked down the street with all the people that wanted to take pictures with me! A few people offered me some money, but I was successful in keeping it in their own pocket… except for one persistent lady. It was a fun time at Pier Park. Good times for sure!
My night came to a close back at the one and only Noah’s Ark Beach Ministry (the place that let me use their shower about a week ago). Almost every night, they have a free concert, so I showed up to show some support! They put on a good show, and they had a nice mini sermon at the end, which was great as well. The quote that stuck with me the most was something like… “We can’t assume people are loved, but we do need to show it.” A lot of times we go through the motions of interacting with those around us as if everyone’s life is perfect, happy, and full of wonderful people.  We assume that people are in great situations at home, work, and school. But in reality, some people don’t feel loved. It is up to us to show love to everyone we come in contact with so that others may feel of their great worth. That they may know that you and God, if absolutely nobody else, loves them.

So go show the love and share the love.

Peter.Moosman.

1 comment: