Conceptual thought can be perceived as a miracle. Have you ever made the attempt to encapsulate a miracle? This is my attempt...

18 May 2011

The Sorrowing of the Damned*

This is the sorrowing of the Damned: That promised grace was pulling me away from the world, so I let go and came crashing down. So much for a loving God with outstretched arms promising me mansions and a glorious crown. I feel betrayed by the One with so-called arms unfurled.

We swore by the Heavens and the throne of God that we would lie and murder to avenge our brothers who were lied to and murdered. In the name of the Almighty, we cursed our enemy and retaliate. Now we struggle by the sword for our lives & curse God for not being on our side.


I'm left here, drenched in sin - I thought for sure I would win. Living the dream promised by the Lawless One is not what it seems. All that is left is to curse the Man on High, wishing I could die. Now I'm down, I'm slammed. This is the sorrowing of the Damned.








*(Mormon 2: 12-14) During a study session on my mission, A few scriptures in the book of Mormon stuck out to me - showing me the contrast of a true follower of Christ and one struggling in the faith. The Sorrowing of the Damned is from the side of those struggling. To come (hopefully): The Cries of the Unashamed, which displays the attitude of the true disciple. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this Peter... You should write more!!! Hope to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete