Conceptual thought can be perceived as a miracle. Have you ever made the attempt to encapsulate a miracle? This is my attempt...

19 January 2011

The Darkest Hour

So, I wrote this last night at 1:00am. Don't look too much into it...


Emotionless
Blank stares,
like x-ray vision,
looking off into oblivion
Into my own fears, regrets and wishes.

Trapped
in the hustling and the bustling
of the day, week, month, year.
In the silence and lonesome that haunts me

Nostalgia
It hurts and heals,
Develops and destroys.
I wish for nothing less than a pause
- A stand still -
Rather, decay consumes.

I digress.

--------------------

You think it sounds good.
Your thoughts deceive you.
There is nothing good about it - 
other than its sickening truth
written between the lines
and on my heart
[with pins and needles and sleepless nights]

--------------------------

Anyway, we have been interviewing candidates for the Student Senate this week and will finish up tomorrow. There have been some great people to come through the doors. I am bummed I can't take them all. We decided to spice things up in the interviews, and did so by adding an interview question: "If you could have a superpower, what would you have and why?" Its great to see everyones face lighten up when we ask the question (I know, we are so intimidating - and/or dry - in our interviews). I thought about it for myself and came up with a superpower. Unfortunately for you [if you want to consider it unfortunate], I am not gonna share it today. You will just need to wait until my next post, and I will write ALL ABOUT IT. Until then, what superpower would you have and why?

Over and out. 

2 comments:

  1. Understand women, for that would require a superpower... and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm torn between 3: flying (of course), being invisible, and having the ability to read minds. Although as much as I'd like to be able to read peoples minds, it would probably make me someone totally different than who I actually am. So I guess cross that one off the list... Ok I take that back, its back on the list, but it would only be to be able to read people minds that desperately need a mended heart/soul. That way I could better help them do so. Buuuut if I HAD to choose only one... It would be x-ray vision. Hahah I kid I kid. It would be to fly. :)

    ReplyDelete